Subscribe to our newsletter
Subscribe to our newsletter for free access to news, event information, articles and reviews.
Terms and Conditions
Access to and use of this website and any resources available on this website (the Site) are provided by the School Wellbeing Alliance (the SWA) on the following terms and conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”):
- By using this Site you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions, which shall take effect immediately on your use or access of the Site.
- You must be over the age of 18 to:
- Use and access the Site.
- Subscribe to our newsletter.
- Purchase or commission our courses, workshops or services.
- If you contact us, subscribe to our newsletter, use our services or do one of our workshops or courses, you may be asked to provide us with some basic personal details and information about yourself (Personal Data). This is necessary so that we can set up your subscription, provide you with everything you need in relation our courses, workshops and services and get back to you in response to any queries.
- We will protect your personal data as set out in our Privacy Statement below. Please read this statement to make sure it is acceptable to you.
- If you wish to unsubscribe to our newsletter, please send us an email and we will delete the personal details and information that you have submitted to us. If we collect your personal details and information in response to a query or a request or in relation to a workshop, course or services we will delete this information after communication has ended or completion of the same.
- The SWA may change these Terms and Conditions from time to time and so you should check these terms regularly. Your continued use of this Site as use and/or subscriber will be deemed acceptance of the updated or amended Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to the changes, you should cease using this website.
- The SWA may bring any rights granted to you to an end at any time without necessarily providing any notice to you.
CONDITIONS OF USE
- You agree to use this Site only for lawful purposes, and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else’s use and enjoyment of this Site. Prohibited behaviour includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, transmitting obscene or offensive content or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue. You may not impersonate another person.
- All copyright, trade marks, design rights, patents and other intellectual property rights (registered and unregistered) and all content located on this Site (SWA content) shall remain vested in The SWA or its licensors (as the case may be). Unless specifically stated in a Creative Commons licence which may be attached to some SWA content - http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.0/uk (“Creative Commons Licence”) - you may not copy, reproduce, republish, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use SWA content in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Please read the Creative Commons licence in full before downloading or otherwise making use of SWA content. If you do not agree to be bound by the Creative Commons Licence then you must not use SWA content made available under these Terms and Conditions.
- When using SWA content you must attribute us.
- This Site also contains proprietary materials which are owned by or licensed to the SWA and which are not subject to the Creative Commons licence. These materials which will be identified as “Proprietary” include but are not limited to our logos and trading names, certain photographic and video images, sounding recordings and the design, layout and appearance of and graphics contained within this Site. These proprietary materials are protected by intellectual property rights. Unauthorised use of these proprietary materials may constitute intellectual property infringement.
CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE SWA
- By sharing any contribution (including any text, photographs, graphics, video or audio) with the SWA you agree to grant to the SWA, free of charge, permission to use the material in any way (including modifying and adapting it for operational and editorial reasons) for the SWA services in any media worldwide.
- Copyright in your contribution will remain with you and this permission is not exclusive, so you can continue to use the material in any way including allowing others to use it.
- In order that the SWA can use your contribution, you confirm that your contribution is your own original work, is not defamatory and does not infringe any third party rights, that you have the right to give the SWA permission to use it for the purposes specified above, and that you have the consent of anyone who is identifiable in your contribution or the consent of their parent/guardian if they are under 16.
- If you do not want to grant the SWA the permission set out above on these terms, please do not submit or share your contribution to or with the SWA.
- You may not submit or share any defamatory or illegal material of any nature on the Site or SWA community. This includes text, graphics, video, programmes or audio. Contributing materials to the Site or SWA community with the intention of committing or promoting an illegal act is strictly prohibited.
ACCURACY OF CONTENT
- The SWA is not able to guarantee that information contained on or available via this Site will continue to be accurate. You confirm that you have not relied on any such information and any arrangements made between you and any other person, using or named on this Site is entirely at your sole risk and responsibility.
- Information contained in or accessible via this Site changes on a regular basis. We may make improvements or alterations to this Site at any time and without notice.
- If any links to other websites appear on this Site, the SWA accepts no responsibility or liability for the content of that website (whether under our control or otherwise). Any link is not intended to be, nor should be construed as, an endorsement of any kind by us or an affiliation with another company unless we expressly state that such an affiliation exists.
- We do not guarantee that:
- Use of this Site will be compatible with all hardware and software;
- Use of this Site will be uninterrupted or error or virus free;
- Use of this Site will deliver any specific outcome for its users; or that
- Defects on and in this Site will be corrected.
- You must take appropriate steps to ensure that you regularly check for viruses when using this Site on any device.
- We make no statement about the suitability of the content, information and services contained on, or accessed via, this Site. All warranties, terms and conditions in this regard, including all warranties, terms and conditions implied by statute or otherwise, of satisfactory quality and/or fitness for purpose are excluded to the fullest permitted by law. For the avoidance of doubt this includes materials accessed via links to websites (including home pages, web pages or documents they contain) operated by third parties.
- We further exclude to the fullest extent permissible by law all liability for damages and direct, indirect or consequential loss (all three of which terms include pure economic loss, loss of profits, loss of business, business interruption, depletion of goodwill and like loss) or otherwise incurred by you or any third party and arising out of or in any way connected with the use of this Site or its content, whether based on contract, tort, strict liability or otherwise.
- You will defend, indemnify and hold harmless us, our affiliates and our officers, directors, employees and agents from and against any and all claims, liabilities, damages, losses or expenses, including reasonable legal costs, arising out of or in any way connected with any breach by you of these Terms and Conditions.
- These Terms and Conditions (including the Privacy Statement below) contain all the terms and conditions applicable to your use of this Site. Nothing contained on this Site is intended to be, nor should be construed as an offer by us to enter into, a contractual relationship with you or anyone else except on these Terms and Conditions.
JURISDICTION AND ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- These Terms and Conditions, and any dispute in relation to the materials available from this Site, are governed by English law. The English courts have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any disputes which may arise out of or in connection with the Terms and Conditions or use of this Site..
YOUR PRESONAL DATA
- If you contact us or subscribe to our newsletter, you may be asked to provide us with Personal Data. This is necessary so that we can set up your subscription, provide you with everything you need in relation our courses, workshops and services and get back to you in response to any queries.
- The SWA is the data controller for any Personal Data. You can find out more about what we do with your Personal Data and how we protect it below.
- Please read this statement to make sure it is acceptable to you before using providing us with any of your Personal Data.
- You have a number of rights in relation to your Personal Data. In order to exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the details below.
- More specifically you have the right to do following in relation to your Personal Data:
- Access any Personal Data that we hold about you.
- Correct inaccuracies in the Personal Data that we hold about you.
- Request that we stop sending you direct marketing communications.
- In certain circumstances, you have the right to have your Personal Data removed from systems that we use to process your Personal Data.
- Restrict the processing of your Personal Data in certain ways.
- Obtain a copy of your Personal Data in a structured electronic data file.
- Object to certain processing of your Personal Data by us.
- Request a human review of any automated (if applicable) .
- If you are concerned about the way we have processed your Personal Data, you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). Please visit the ICO’s website for further details.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW DO WE COLLECT IT?
- As soon as you subscribe to our newsletter or contact us about a training course, workshop or service, we create a record for you. This may include your name and contact details, position, employer and queries. For the duration of your contact with the SWA we add information to your record about any communication you have with us.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
- We collect and process your basic Personal Data in order to:
- Give you access to our newsletter.
- Market and deliver our courses, workshops and services.
- Support you and respond to any queries that you have.
- Manage our operations effectively, and to meet our legal requirements.
- We are committed to the data protection principles of good practice for handling information. All Personal Data is held in secure computer and manual files and we will only transfer such data on a ‘need-to-know’ basis so that we can continue to provide support and other services to you.
- We use your Personal Data to improve our services to you, as well as the quality of the training courses, workshops and services that we offer. The SWA may contact you for important feedback in relation to the same.
WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH?
- We sometimes use external service providers to carry out activities under our instruction. If so, they may access and process your Personal Data under strict contractual confidentiality obligations.
- We may also share some information with accreditation bodies such as the International Authority for Professional Coaching and Mentors (IAPC&M) and colleges offering higher learning courses connected with school coaching, such as Noble Manhattan Ltd, who in turn may send you marketing material about up and coming courses, workshops, opportunities and services.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
- We only keep data for as long as is necessary.
HOW CAN I ACCESS THE INFORMATION YOU HOLD ABOUT ME AND WHAT OTHER RIGHTS DO I HAVE?
- You can email the SWA to request a copy of the Personal Data that we hold about you and you can ask for your data to be rectified if it is incorrect. In certain circumstances, you can object to our use of your data, you can ask for it to be restricted or erased and for a copy in a structured electronic format. You can update your subscription preferences when you receive our newsletter, by using the unsubscribe option available.
- Please direct any queries about this statement or about the way we process your personal data to:
Burchetts Green Road
020 3691 0184
TRACKING AND ANALYTICS
- Some parts of the Site store a cookie on your computer to track user traffic patterns. We do this in order to determine the usefulness of our website and to see how effective our navigational structure is. We do not release this information to third parties.
- When you browse our websites, we also collect and use IP addresses and device identifiers to identify the location of users, to block disruptive use, to establish the number of visits from different countries, and to determine whether you are accessing the services from the UK or not.
- If you register to use our website, we will store some of your website activity when you are signed in as part of your record
- On the Site, we may display interest-based advertising using information you make available to us when you interact with our sites, content, or services. Interest-based ads, also sometimes referred to as personalised or targeted ads, are displayed to you based on information from activities such as completing a web-form on our sites, use of apps or software, or by visiting unaffiliated sites that contain The SWA content or ads.
- We do not associate your interaction with unaffiliated or third party sites/applications with your identity in providing you with interest-based ads.
HOW TO TURN OFF COOKIES?
- If you prefer not to receive cookies while browsing our website, you can set your browser to refuse all cookies that are stored on your computer. You do not need to have cookies turned on to use or navigate through many parts of our website.
- We take security very seriously. All staff are made aware of the security procedures they must follow when handling personal information. Data is protected from unauthorised access and we are confident no-one will be able to access your personal information unlawfully.
- We also protect data being transferred. As long as your web browser supports the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), any personal data transmitted from your browser to our web service, or from the service to your browser, will be encrypted.
- Please note that email is never a 100% secure way of communicating. By using it, you agree that you will send any information by email at your own risk.
- While we will take all reasonable precautions to make sure that other organisations who we deal with have good security practices, we are not responsible for the privacy practices of those organisations whose websites may be linked to our service.